Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blog prompt #1

This teacher's teaching style is not effective because the students have no knowledge on how to solve this problem. Therefore rendering the students incapable of learning this new concept effectively. While in class, practice time is supposed to be used for practicing the new concept after the teacher has thoroughly explained the concept, this teacher however is using practice time in the classroom for the students to try and figure out this concept on their own. Which I feel is an unacceptable method of teaching.

If I was caught in a classroom environment with a teacher that is not teaching, I would be very upset because he is paid to teach us not for us to teach ourselves. I would also try and switch out of this class because of my past experience with teachers of this mindset, where they can be lazy. This class i had last semester with a teacher who thought this method of teaching was acceptable. Well it was not okay with me. I barely skimmed by with a B, all because a teacher thought it was okay not to do their job.

The reasons above are ones that I believe in strongly. Teachers should not stand by when students are struggling and asking for help with a concept that they know nothing about. They should be doing their jobs and teaching the young minds of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment